Columbia Farmers Market
Market House with local vendors
Visit one of Pennsylvania’s oldest Market Houses in the heart of Downtown Columbia, a National Register Historic District. The first Market House was built around 1814. Half the building housed the market and the other section was used as a town hall and a school room. Today’s Market House was built in 1869 and was once furnished with 180 stalls inside the structure and 37 on the outside under a projecting roof. A special feature of the Market House is the Dungeon, originally used as a storage space for farmers but eventually became a prison to lock up vagrants and felons. Today the Farmer’s Market is home to a large array of farm fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods, candy and crafts.
15 South Third Street, Columbia, PA 17512