Columbia Market House
Market House with local vendors
Visit one of Pennsylvania’s oldest Market Houses in the heart of Downtown Columbia, a National Register Historic District. The first Market House was built around 1814. Half the building housed the market and the other section was used as a town hall and a school room. Today’s Market House was built in 1869 and was once furnished with 180 stalls inside the structure and 37 on the outside under a projecting roof. A special feature of the Market House is the Dungeon, originally used as a storage space for farmers but eventually became a prison to lock up vagrants and felons. Today the Farmer’s Market is home to a large array of delish fresh made meals, farm fresh produce, baked goods, meats, candy and crafts. Market is open Saturdays 7 am to 3 pm.
At the heart of the Market, is the Pepper Pot restaurant.
15 South Third Street, Columbia, PA 17512