Wright’s Ferry Mansion
The history of one of the oldest frontier towns is alive and well in this restored 1738 mansion, which interprets the life of early settler, Susanna Wright. The home was originally built for James Wright and his family members of Columbia’s founding family who settled in the area in 1730 and established a ferry service across the Susquehanna River for westbound pioneers.
The pre-Revolutionary War house exemplifies Pennsylvania architecture in the English style and is rumored to have subterranean passageways leading to the Susquehanna River. It is furnished completely with items made before 1750, including needlework, ceramics, glass and other decorative arts. It reflects upon the life of an 18th-century Pennsylvania Quaker household.
38 S. Second Street, Columbia, PA